Thursday, January 14, 2016

Well, It Happened Like This

While returning home from the funeral of a sweet friends brother, Jean, Susan and I may or not have been in deep (important) conversation.  About one mile or more down the road from where this story takes place, Jean suddenly says that we need to go back because she saw a German shepherd puppy on the side of the road. (I must add that Susan and I saw nothing!)  I am still not sure why it took her so long to reach the decision to go back, but it was obvious to us that this was one of those things that was just meant to be.


When we pulled up, this precious one was just sitting there looking down the road!  It was as if she knew her new mommy was on the way!!



If you look closely toward the barn, you will see Jean sitting on the ground trying to get the baby to come to her.  She would follow me, but would not let me catch her.  Lucily, a sweet man stopped to help.  Thankfully, she let Mike put his hand on her, and I was able to pick her up!



All's well that ends well!!  Jean and I have both picked up our share of strays, but we've never found one that looks like a full (or almost full) blooded German shepherd.  We did call several people that live nearby, but no one claimed the baby!


Headed to her new home! 


It was love at first sight!


 She is just beautiful, but she was skin and bones!  She actually found this bag of dog food on her own!  Right after Jean put her down, she headed straight to the laundry room and dove right in!!
 There was a little (or a lot) of reluctance on Steve's part.  But, I know he will love this sweet girl just as much as Jean!  This little one will have a great life!  She's one lucky puppy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment