Wednesday, May 6, 2015

You Know What They Say

.........What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!  We had a long, long 4 days!  It was one of those things that Reed said ten years ago that he'd never, ever do again!  Well, he did it, but I swear we won't ever do it again-I Hope!!  We replaced our pool liner with the help of Willie, Josh, and Caleb.  I get to include myself in this because I was crawling around on the bottom of the pool with Reed at 1:00 in the morning smoothing out wrinkles!  This post has lots of pictures, because I want to be able to pull this back up in 10 years and remind Reed of all the reasons doing this ourselves is a questionable idea!!   I have to be honest and say that Reed is very, very handy, and actually with his great help did an awesome job.  But man, it was hard work!!  I also need to add that Papa was an awesome supervisor!  He was with us almost the entire time!!

The fun began with the removal of the old, absolutely worn out liner that looked like a pond-complete with a big toad frog on the bottom!  Business must go on, so Reed took quite a few phone calls!




Once the old liner was out, repair and prep work began!





Josh and the girls came to help. Let me add that Lindsey and Baby Reed stayed home so she could complete IEP's.  How awesome is it that he came on his own to help!?! We could not have made it without Josh and Uncle C. The girls were always close by watching! 


The many faces of  this precious one!  First, the "quit taking my picture" face!



To the "Is this ever going to end" face?


And finally, "I think I might survive" face!



These pictures make my heart smile!!  The girls love Papa, and he loves them!




This gives a whole new meaning to snack time by the pool!



Reed actually began draining the pool last Thursday night.  By Saturday, they were finally ready to open the box and begin installing the new one!!  There was lots and lots of prep work!


Watching and waiting!!


Now the real fun began!!  The box was soon transformed into a fort that is still in the den!!  These two were angels during this entire process!



Woo Hoo!!  Progress!!  This is actually Sunday.  Willie, Josh and the girls have all gone home!  But Caleb and Taylor came Sunday afternoon.  It seemed like it took forever for the water to fill up!


Did I mention that the granddog learned to swim-in the goldfish pond?  His mom and dad were a little less than impressed!!



Now, you will have to close your eyes and visualize this!  Reed said, "Do not put any pictures of me in my waders floating in the swimring to make sure all the wrinkles are out."  It really was quite a sight!!


After I completed the blog, I was very sad when I realized I only have a couple of pictures of the completed project!  Oops!  The water finally reached the right level Tuesday.  I think I counted over 40 hours of actual labor- hard labor!

Daytime View



Night time View


 
 
View of Shallow End
 
 
 
 

I understand that there were lots of things going on this weekend, and we sadly missed them all!  I am so, so glad this project is now complete though!  I can't wait until the water warms up!!  

Thanks Willie, Josh, Caleb, Papa and Reed!  I promise we will enjoy it for years to come!!!  Now, on to the next project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment