Thursday, March 12, 2015

My Handy Man

I am sad to say that I often take for granted just how talented and handy my husband is.  He does plumbing and electrical work.  He paints, and just generally likes to tinker on everything. He can fix the car, lawnmower, blower and boat! He has always been a very good carpenter, but he often just didn't have the time to do many projects.  I am happy to say that recently he has completed quite a few things.  The problem is that we keep adding more things for him to do! I wanted to share some of his latest creations. Let me also give credit where credit is due.  Kaley Powell took the two wedding pictures.  We could not be more pleased.

Remember that little accident he had with his finger and the table saw a few weeks back?  Well, the finger is healing nicely, and the cabinet he was working on is now in my kitchen. Christmas in March is pretty awesome!!





The pictures do not do it justice.  It's one of those things that looks like it's always been there, and you wonder how you ever did without it!
  




Di had this beautiful sign made, and it hung in her dining room.  It now hangs above our cabinet.  



.He made the beautiful cross that was used in the wedding



They had planned to rent an arbor like this for way more money than it was worth to use at the reception.  Reed and I stopped by to look at it, and while it was pretty, it needed some work!  I told him I was pretty sure he could handle it-and he did!!




!He made the girls these beautiful beds




     

He and Papa were the architects of one of my all time favorite things in one of my all time favorite 
.places! Hurry up Summer




.He made this bed for Caleb. This was his apartment in Birmingham


 

  .Thanks Babe!  He thinks he's finished for a while, but we've got other plans for him
Tables!!  More Beds!!  Treehouses!!  Mirrors!!  Outdoor kitchen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment