Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Birthday Fun

About a week ago, I got a call at work that went something like this-

Reed: How do you feel about going to the beach for your birthday?
Me: I feel pretty darn good about it!!

So, plans were made for a great time, and we were not deterred by rumors of record breaking cold!! We packed enough to stay for 2 weeks, rather than 2 days and headed south!!

I was pretty certain the weathermen were way off on this forecast, but it turns out they nailed it perfectly! It was blustery, but beautiful! Friday was actually very nice, but Saturday and Sunday were frigid! It was the first time that I've ever bundled up in a blanket and worn sweats to the beach!! Once we drove into Panama City as Hurricane Danny was making landfall. We've had to leave early twice due to Tropical Depressions. So, now we can add freezing temperatures to the list! Lots of fun and lots of great memories!!

This picture would lead you to believe that it's sunny and about 90 degrees!


Not quite!!



We spent several hours working on our tan!!







These guys  (Reed calls them devil birds) weren't fazed by the cold! I may have slipped them a chip or two! 




Good food, great company, and beautiful memories! I think this should be my birthday present every year!!








No comments:

Post a Comment