Sunday, October 5, 2014

Grace and Courage

The biggest fan of this blog is now walking on streets of gold. Di commented on every post and picture, and let me know when I was getting slack on my blogging job. She has left each of us with a legacy of love, and an example of what grace, courage and faithfulness truly look like. Her quiet strength was evident in everything she did and in every life she touched. I think I  am most grateful for the impact she had on my children's lives.  I know they are better people due to her influence. She loved them unconditionally, and was a vital part in every stage of their lives. She excelled in every role- wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt and friend. During one of our last conversations, I told her that David was going to be so excited to see her. She gently squeezed my hand and said, "I know and I can't wait to see him and Mom." So, now we rely on our memories of her gentle, but persuasive influences. I know I am a better person for having known her. It seemed like everything I saw today was yellow (her very favorite color), and I couldn't help but smile.

Lots of memories and lots of love in every picture!
















































I have said many times that everyone should have a Di in their lives,
 and I am so thankful we had her!





1 comment:

  1. When you are a child of God, cancer NEVER wins! RIP sweet Diane, your family and friends are going to miss you, but your rewards in Heaven are going to be so great! Prayers and love to your family!
    Debbie Edwards

    ReplyDelete